Friday, November 2, 2012

How to read more.

                                             “So many books, so little time.” Frank Zappa.
                                 Today we will try to refute the F. Zappa’s quotation J.

         Here I would like to share with you some of the secrets of how to read more:

1.     Always carry a book. We have many places where we should wait for something. If the book will always be with you the chance that you will be doing nothing to decrease and the number of books read by you increase.

2.     Leave some time for reading before bed. 15-30 minutes every day before going to bed will give you a nice relaxing and will make your dreams interesting.


3.     Get enough sleep every day. If you're rested you can spend time with book on the road to work instead of take a nap.


4.     “Read by ears”. You can listen audiobooks if you have to move a lot. Just give your ears time to get used to the voice of the reader.


5.     Read one book at a time. The reading process will be faster and your concentration will be higher.


6.     Read in the restroom. You can create a small library in this place and even if you spend there only 5 minutes - the time is spent usefully!


7.     Write down the names of the books you've already read. Increase this list will motivate you to keep reading. You can also leave a small note about the books on the list, in case you forget what they were about.


8.     Create a list of books you want to read. This list - a symbol of the knowledge that you would like to have in the future. Occasionally glancing at the list and adding to it, you will motivate yourself to continue reading!


9.     Stop reading a book if you don’t like it. Don’t force yourself, even in such a small case. If you do not like the book then perhaps now is not the time for this particular story and it have to wait. Try to stop reading and go back to it after a while.


10.    Share your impressions of the book with others. If you share you become richer J. This wealth is a   better understanding and memorizing of read.

In addition I would like to say that each good book makes some changes in your brain and you never will be the same J

I am using these suggestions and...
1. If I don’t have paper book in my bag I have audiobook or e-book and I’m never getting boring in any line.
2. My dreams are colorful and light.
3. I have good useful time in public transportation.
4. I like to run and “read” at the same moment, it helps me forget about the distance and fatigue.
5. Actually, I always read more then one book at one time, can’t kill of this habit. 
6. In the toilet I have small library but I never have enough time to read there .
7-8. I have one notebook for books I finished and for books I would like to start and I always glad to see appearance in one place and disappearance in another.
9. I never force myself, especially in such a small case, like reading book that I don’t like.
10. Some of my friend already tired to hear about my impressions of the books.

Hope this list of suggestions will help you to read more and more and more!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment